RuralBioUp’s main objective is to support innovators to scale-up inclusive and small-scale biobased solutions in rural areas.
We will establish 9 regional hubs- a multi-actor centre- in 6 eu countries.
In total, we will implement 9 Action Plans on 18 value chains, in which at least 1.000 innovators are supported
- Business support organisations
- Civil society organisations
- The Regional Facilitator (Project partner ) oversees and coordinates the hub activities
- The Hub Contact Point are representatives of the region collaborating in the Hubs’ activities
And any other key player in the regional bioeconomy system that can contribute to and benefit from the project.
The 9 Regional Hubs will showcase the project approach and make it transferable to other EU regions and rural areas.
The regional actors will be involved during the whole project timeline.They will meet periodically and:
1. co-decide at least 2 value chains (textile, construction, green chemistry, etc.)
2. co-design an Action Plan listing
- Coaching, mentoring and training needs
- Networking events (RuralBioUp partners will facilitate the cooperation with EIPAGRI Operational Groups and other national and EU networks and actors)
- Study visits to be organised
- The economic, environmental and social impacts of the project on the respective region and a strategy to make the Regional Hub self-sustainable after the project end